This section is intended to support those working in initial teacher training and suggests approaches to training to enable trainees to meet the Standards for Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
The menus on the left offer routes to support specifically to newly-appointed tutors in initial teacher training. These are either in the form of suggestions for seminars or training sessions with trainees, or are handouts to offer trainees opportunities for independent learning. These latter resources should also prove useful to the beginner teacher.
The two publications available for downloading on the right comprise:
- A glossary for Initial Teacher Training published by the TDA produced to give quick-reference information on terms and definitions used in ITT
- Guidlines for the induction of newly appointed lecturers in initial teacher education published by the Education Subject Centre at the Higher Education Academy
The links on the right are to:
- The Training and Development Agency for Schools
- Teacher Training Resource Bank - professional knowledge base for those in Initial Teacher Education (ITE)
- The ESCalate partnership which offers support and advice on pedagogy, curriculum enhancement across Foundation, Undergraduate, Masters, PhD and EdD Programmes. The ESCalate 2007 publication Becoming a Teacher Educator is available for download.
- Multiverse which is a website providing teacher educators and student teachers/trainees with a comprehensive range of resources foussing on the educational achievement of pupils from diverse backgrounds. The links are to the main website as well as a guide for using the website